[ntp:questions] Problems with NMEA refclocks, Ublox6 GPS, on WinXP with 4.2.7p21 4

Darren Long darren.long at mac.com
Tue Sep 27 17:45:16 UTC 2011

OK, I've hooked the Ublox6 up to a Debian box and I guess I've been wrong when I've described the interface as a USB-UART.  In fact, its using the cdc_acm driver, the "Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters", although the device /dev/ttyACM0 is showing up as a character device.  I'm thinking I should have realised something was up when I had to link /dev/gps0 to /dev/ttyACM0 before, as opposed to /dev/ttyUSBx, but no alarm bells rang at the time.

I wonder where that leaves me, w.r.t to using the Ublox6 with ntpd on Win XP.  I suppose I should continue to look at the generic NMEA device issues I'm having for now.

Cheers,

Darren