[ntp:questions] where is the most authoritative NTP documentation?

Mon Apr 2 21:20:08 UTC 2012

Alby VA wrote:
> Aside from the most authoritative NTP Docs,
>   where is an NTP 101 Doc on understand the basics?
>  Not specially with running NTP, but with grasping
>   time concepts, PPS, Stratum-0 Devices, etc?
>  In short, where are the Cliff Notes
>   on the Ph.D lecture of Time and Time tracking devices?

<http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Network-Time-Synchronization-Protocol/dp/1439814635>

 Has Sections on "Basic Concepts" and "How NTP Works".
  {Although I found "In the Belly of the Beast"
   (algorithm descriptions) more interesting.}

A quick google finds:
<http://www.time-synchronisation.co.uk/ntp-server-time-synchronisation-for-dummies/>

  will be added to the BlackLists.