[ntp:questions] Is a high-stratum falseticker possible? Complex configuration and unexpected result

Thu Apr 26 20:10:41 UTC 2012

rumegauu at ugpa.ru wrote:
> Could you explain to me HOW this is possible?
> The prime server with stratum 6 declared falseticker,
>  when the peer with stratum 12 is considered to be true.

________________________________|- true chimers -|__________________
_________________________|---------- other B ----|__________________
_____________________________|------ other A ---------------|_______
________________________________|--- other C ----------------------|
_________________________________________________|- false tickers -|
|- false tickers ---------------|___________________________________
|- 25.18.0.235 -|_(90sec out in left field)_________________________

  How NTP Works
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/warp.html>

* Clock Select Algorithm
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/select.html>

  Clock Cluster Algorithm
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/cluster.html>

FYI, You could try adding prefer to your "prime server" ?
e.g.
server 25.18.0.235 iburst minpoll 4 maxpoll 7 prefer

  will be added to the BlackLists.