[ntp:questions] Sow to sync system time to BIOS automatic after ntpd updated os time from remote ntp server?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sun Apr 29 19:27:32 UTC 2012

> Is there any option to control the "sync to bios" action?
> Or I need to set a cron job to run hwclock ?

I assume that you are using a machine that is a relative of the IBM
PC/AT, and by BIOS clock, you mean the clock that used to be attached to
the CMOS parameter RAM and was clocked at 32kHz?

None in ntpd.

If you use the kernel time discipline, Linux will do so in less than 11
minutes.  Some people disapprove of this because it frustrates utilities
that correct for clock drift when the processor is powered down.