[ntp:questions] NTP on local networks

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Aug 1 04:46:26 UTC 2012

This post never made it to the newsgroup, so perhaps the gateway is
stuck or very slow?

I have information on my Web site on the easy-to-use Sure GPS, as well
as the low-cost Garmin GPS 18x LVC.

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm
   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm

Mine are using simple puck antennas, indoors, on the top floor of a
two-storey building.  Be aware that USB-connected devices will give far
less accuracy than serial-port connected ones, but may be adequate if
"half-a second" is all you need.
--
Cheers,
David