[ntp:questions] WARNING: someone's faking a leap second tonight

steven Sommars stevesommarsntp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:08:40 UTC 2012

The main standard says a leap second is allowed in any month.  That's what
the reference ntpd does.
See ITU-R, TF460, STANDARD-FREQUENCY  AND  TIME-SIGNAL  EMISSIONS.
This link may work:
http://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/tf/R-REC-TF.460-6-200202-I!!PDF-E.pdf

On the other hand Bulletin C (
ftp://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/bulletinc.dat) says December or June.

Take your pick.