[ntp:questions] WARNING: someone's faking a leap second tonight

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Fri Aug 3 08:53:42 UTC 2012

steven Sommars wrote:
> One root cause involves a group of stratum one's peering each other.  A
> leap indicator can continue to circulate until the peering changes, or the
> entire group is simultaneously reinitialized.     This affects multiple
> commercial server brands.
> Is this a problem with some/all versions of ntpd?

Which versions of ntpd are affected is exactly what we need to find out.

As I've mentioned earlier the reports I had heard were from some really
old versions of ntpd (4.2.0*). I don't think there are many pool servers
running such an old version of ntpd, so for me it sounds like this
problem still persists in relatively current versions of ntpd.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren