[ntp:questions] is USB inherently evil, or only if something else is on the bus?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Aug 9 19:36:16 UTC 2012

On 09/08/2012 17:55, Rick Jones wrote:
[]
> WRT LAN, I'll refer back to previous discussions about interrupt
> coalescing/avoidance algorithms for LAN cards.  I think unruh did some
> experimentation there.
>
> rick

Yes, that's a good point, Rick.  Most PCs here are on a 1 Gb/s
connection, and I've made no attempt to check whether 100 Mb/s would
give better NTP performance.  For my own needs, what I get is already
"good enough", but as soon as you start measuring you want to get the
very best, even if it's not needed.....
--
Cheers,
David