[ntp:questions] Panic stop?

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Wed Aug 15 19:30:56 UTC 2012

On 8/15/2012 01:24, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> I suspect you realize that 2^31 is 2147483648.
>
> I suspect an overflow somewhere.
>
> It would be real interesting to find out where this is coming from.

Yeah, I know it's the 32 bit rollover but it's the first time I've
really seen it (especially on the PPS driver) and the only time that I
know of that my installation of ntpd has ever panic stopped.

I had enough problems with the leap second messing things up.  It did
not apply cleanly (I have a leap file but the GPS didn't update fast
enough so the system bounced back and forth for a while).

Any suggestions on where to start looking or anything I can
probe/instrument would be good.