[ntp:questions] Leap-second flag not forwarded to NTP clients

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Wed Aug 22 17:01:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 13:29 UTC, Santi Saez <santi at woop.es> wrote:
> After making some tests with different ntpd versions, I have found that
> "leap second" fields are only forwarded on 4.2.4, and it doesn't work after
> 4.2.6, still don't know the reason or if I need a special configuration.

I suspect the difference in leap bit propagation between 4.2.4 and
4.2.6 you observe is because 4.2.6 requires a majority of survivors
have the leap bit set to propagate, and because you are (likely
ill-advisedly) using the undisciplined local clock driver
(127.127.1.x) which never sets the leap bit.  Either remove the driver
or add remote sources to ensure the leap vote is won.

Cheers,
Dave Hart