[ntp:questions] Selective peerstats collection

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Dec 8 07:41:42 UTC 2012

On 08/12/2012 06:23, Hal Murray wrote:
[]
> What's the cost of a SD card?  Pick a medium size one and run the
> experiment with full logging.  You might get lucky or unlucky, but
> it will give you one data point.
>
> Anybody interested in this area should be sure to read:
>    (bunnie's blog)
>    On MicroSD Problems
>    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918

The problem is that if it takes, say, 3 months to wear out the SD card,
I don't really have that long to wait!  My time costs a lot more than
the SD card.  Likely I will turn off statistics collection outside major
NTP changes.

Thanks for the micro-SD card blog - I recall reading that some time
back, but it's still a great great investigation tale.
--
Cheers,
David