[ntp:questions] Implementing NTP in a legacy system

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Dec 12 23:30:17 UTC 2012

Steve Kostecke wrote:

>> If that reading is correct, you need to implement an SNTP server more
>> or less from scratch. As all the complexity is in the client, that
>> should not be too onerous.
>
> Why are you telling _me_ this?
>
> The OP asked about ntpd and I answered his question.

I posted to usenet, not specifically to you. If it makes it clearer,
instead of "you need" I could, also, have written "one needs".

I was suggesting an interpretation of the OP's question that was not
consistent with your answer.  Only the OP can really explain what he
means by the local clock not being disciplined by ntpd.