[ntp:questions] Clock Offset

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Dec 18 23:57:40 UTC 2012

On Dec 18, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Mischanko, Edward T wrote:
> How can my local clock have a negative offset when none of the selected peers have a negative offset?  Is it possible?

Sure, it's possible.  If your clock started off with a large negative offset and you didn't initially step it at boot via -g flag to ntpd, then the clock will be gradually adjusted to become in sync.  Over time, the negative offset should disappear and closely track the time of the preferred peer.

Regards,
--
-Chuck