[ntp:questions] A Christmas puzzler - intermittent offset oscillations with a PPS source

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Sat Dec 22 04:37:50 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 19:38, Mischanko, Edward T wrote:

> [...]

I'm choosing to use gpsd because my receiver is configured to emit SiRF
data instead of NMEA.  I'm also using the SiRF data for other functions
and gpsd will export the data across network connections.  Using the
NMEA driver isn't incorrect.  It's perfectly acceptable if you're only
using the GPS receiver for ntpd.  Since I'm using it for other things, I
need gpsd's ability to supply data to multiple clients (ntpd is the
client by shared memory, other programs are clients by socket
connections) and I want some of the SiRF data.  Of course ntpd doesn't
support SiRF in the first place.