[ntp:questions] Win7: ntpd adjusting time backwards

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Dec 22 19:06:29 UTC 2012

On 22/12/2012 17:49, David Lord wrote:
[]
> My own usage is more like 15:1 down:up so my 13:1.2 Mbps down:up
> data rates seem to fit quite well.
>
> When on 2 Mbps I had problems with very high latency on uploads
> and implemented altq traffic shaping which increased my maximum
> upload speed from around 150 kbps to around 250 kbps. There is
> also higher priority for icmp, dns and ntp.
>
> David

I don't have the figures to hand, but for some protocols (FTP?) there
are acknowledgement packets sent back every so often, and I think that
10:1 is somewhere near the limit.  With a greater up:down ratio the
limiting factor in downstream speed is actually the upstream bandwidth!
  Something like that, anyway.  It matters less what your usage is.

I just happened to find a page which tells me that in the last 9 days I
have downloaded 15 GB and uploaded 6 GB.
--
Cheers,
David