[ntp:questions] Win7: ntpd adjusting time backwards

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Sun Dec 23 13:03:04 UTC 2012

On 12/23/2012 01:11 AM, Hal Murray wrote:
>> Fascinating to see you have less delay on the slower upstream!
>
> The queuing delays depend upon the traffic.  You control that.

The delays I quoted are fixed delays linked to the modulation, encoding
and other parameters used on my VDSL2 line (the physical layer, if you
like). Another contributor suggested that the greater downstream delay
than the upstream delay may be due to interleaving, and this sounds like
a good hypothesis.

Queuing delays come on top.