[ntp:questions] Using PPS

Joshua Small JSmall at daraco.com.au
Fri Dec 28 10:00:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just sorted this out.

Although I followed the guide I linked mostly, I did read this page regarding "known issues" and used the configure flags recommended there:
http://ml.linuxpps.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxPPS_NTPD_support

That page has bad advice it appears. After recompiling with the originally recommended flags, I get the desired PPS output on ntpq.

It does feel like a bug though. Clearly I missed the flags required for both driver 20 and 22 in my configure script. If I put 22 in my ntp.conf, I got an event telling me, and you know it's broken. With driver 20, it said "ok" and never did anything.

David, I tried alternating 20 and 22, they both work now for me. I didn't do anything special afaik.

-Josh