[ntp:questions] ntpd wedged again

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Tue Feb 7 18:46:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 18:38, A C <agcarver+ntp at acarver.net> wrote:
> On 2/7/2012 10:21, Dave Hart wrote:
>> Thanks for the heads-up.  Assuming by "the C99 flag" you mean it was
>> configured using --enable-c99-snprintf, that flag didn't "take".  If
>> it had, you wouldn't be using libc's snprintf, you'd be using libntp's
>> rpl_snprintf() which would have called rpl_vsnprintf(), and based on
>> previous experience, it wouldn't have resulted in an infinite loop.
>

> I was wondering about that.  I recompiled it twice with that configure
> option.  Any idea why it would have been ignored this time?  I'll rebuild it
> and see what happens.

No idea.  However, you don't have to wait for it to hang to see if the
option is working as intended.  After building, look in the build tree
for config.h and grep it for rpl_snprintf.  You should see #define
snprintf rpl_snprintf, otherwise it didn't take.  If it didn't, email
me the config.log.

Good luck,
Dave Hart