[ntp:questions] How do you reply to list postings

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Feb 7 18:47:29 UTC 2012

Hi, Ron--

On Feb 7, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:
> The subject may sound silly, but every time I click reply to one of the postings on this list, it puts the original message poster's address in the TO field rather than the public list address.  If I want my reply to go to the list, I have to change the address and either delete the original person's name or copy to the list.  Just wondering if that's normal.

It's normal, and I tend to do "reply all" as the direct reply tends to get to the person faster than the mailing list/Usenet gateway might deliver the copy sent to everyone.

Folks who wish to suppress the duplicate can enable the "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" option in their Mailman account preferences (see http://lists.ntp.org/options/questions ).  Or they can use procmail or similar to filter out duplicate message-ids....

Regards,
--
-Chuck