[ntp:questions] kernel pps

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 8 17:45:09 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, unruh  <unruh at invalid.ca> said:
>I assume you mean pps_core, which I do have. Unfortunately nothing seems
>to happen. If I try ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS0 ( and yes there is a ttyS0 )
>I get an error message "ldattach: cannot set line discipline: Invalid
>argument"

You also need pps-ldisc loaded; that creates the line discipline that
you are trying to attach to the port.  The pps-core module only has the
basic PPS functionality; the code to use it with various devices is in
separate modules (for example I use pps_parport).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>