[ntp:questions] NTP on Windows Server 2008 R2

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Feb 8 17:45:55 UTC 2012

Geir,

Geir Guldstein wrote:
> The driver provides support for serial ports physically located in an
> external device. The device is connected to the host computer using
> Ethernet. I have seen that installing the driver is enough to cause the
> NTP problem. That is, even if the device is disconnected from the
> network and no application uses the serial ports I have the NTP problem.

Currently I know 2 other users which observe similar problems under
Windows Server 2008, one system is 32 bit and the other one is R2 with
64 bit.

Would you mind to let us know exactly which driver/manufacturer causes
this, so we can find out if the same driver causes this for the other guys?

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren