[ntp:questions] ntpd sets system time, won't serve it to others

J.D. Baldwin INVALID_SEE_SIG at example.com.invalid
Fri Feb 3 12:43:09 UTC 2012

In the previous article, David Woolley
<david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:
> Your delays are also high for modern network connections, possibly
> reflecting the use of worldwide servers, rather than ones close in
> network terms.

That's just because I am, for troubleshooting purposes, using the
defaults of

    server 0.centos.pool.ntp.org
    server 1.centos.pool.ntp.org
    server 2.centos.pool.ntp.org

which I will change to a reasonably close stratum 2 once I get my
issues straightened out.

I believe Hal Murray had it right ... I wasn't waiting long enough
after restarting before testing the "service" part.  It's working
now that I left it alone for a few hours.
\      /  baldwin at panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer