[ntp:questions] How do you reply to list postings

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Tue Feb 7 21:05:18 UTC 2012

Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:

> Thanks to Dave and Chuck for the quick replies.  Just FYI, most of the
> other lists I'm on use the public list address if you hit reply.

Most of the lists I am on do not munge the reply-to header, and will
generally point you to http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html if
you suggest setting reply-to list.

> Doesn't matter, I can work with it either way.

In this case, your problem is probably that you are not using the
newsgroup directly, but rather through the mail gateway.  Newsgroups
have distinct followup and reply operations (even if Thunderbird
confuses them).