[ntp:questions] Second attempt at GPS-18 based NTP server

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Feb 8 19:50:00 UTC 2012

"Kenyon Ralph" <kenyon at kenyonralph.com> wrote in message
news:20120208192213.GC18416 at kenyonralph.com...
[]
I don't think you're using the kernel PPS signal, so you may not have
compiled the kernel with the PPS_SYNC option. This is what you should
see, notice the "o" and mentions of PPS in kerninfo output (this
output is from my system at gauss.kenyonralph.com):

kernel status:         pll ppsfreq ppstime ppssignal nano

Thanks, for that.  With the "ntpdc -c kerninfo pixie" command, I did get
back:

  status:               2107

and from what I did before with the earlier FreeBSD 5.0 system, that 2017
status decodes as:

  status: 2107 pll ppsfreq ppstime ppssignal nano

just the same as in your system.  The "*" instead of the "o" does confuse
me, though!

C:\>ntpq -p pixie
jitter
*GPS_NMEA(1)     .PPS.            0 l    7   16  377    0.000    0.001
0.004

Cheers,
David