[ntp:questions] How do you reply to list postings

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Wed Feb 8 20:15:28 UTC 2012

On 2/7/2012 2:12 PM, Rod Dorman wrote:
> In article<4F316F9A.6040604 at c3energy.com>,
> Ron Frazier (NTP)<timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com>  wrote:
>
>> The subject may sound silly, but every time I click reply to one of the
>> postings on this list, it puts the original message poster's address in
>> the TO field rather than the public list address.  If I want my reply to
>> go to the list, I have to change the address and either delete the
>> original person's name or copy to the list.  Just wondering if that's
>> normal.
>>
> How to do a Follow-up rather than a Reply depends on what client
> you're using.
>
> I simply type an uppercase F but since you mentioned 'click' I'm
> guessing you're using a GUI newsreader.

Hi Rod,

Yup, I'm using Eudora OSE (Open Source Edition) on both Windows and
Linux.  Relevant message options are basically reply, reply all, and
forward.  I can reply on this list by hitting reply all, as some have
mentioned, then delete all the addresses except the list address.  On
others, I just hit reply.  In either case, I have to make sure I send
from the right return address so the list system will accept my post.

Sincerely,

Ron