[ntp:questions] How do you reply to list postings

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Wed Feb 8 20:54:22 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-08, Ron Frazier (NTP) <timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com> wrote:

> I've just been sending my posts to questions at lists.ntp.org via email and
> reading posts via email.  I wasn't aware that a newsgroup was involved
> although I have noted your reply, for example, is also copied to a
> newsgroup.

"This is a mailing list that has been set up for people who are new to
NTP to ask questions. It is gatewayed to the USENET newsgroup
comp.protocols.time.ntp, and is intended to be used by people who have
questions but who do not have easy access to a USENET news server."

That's a quote from the web-page used to subscribe to the mailing-list.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>