[ntp:questions] lots of GPS modules and info at SparkFun

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Wed Feb 8 23:17:36 UTC 2012

Found some additional info to share.  See below.

On 2/8/2012 5:23 PM, Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> While researching potential GPS modules to experiment with for PPS
> output, I discovered that SparkFun has quite a lot of modules, some of
> which have PPS and some of which don't.  You can't necessarily tell
> from the product page.  You have to check the data sheet.  You can go
> to their website and search for gps.  This link should also work.
> Just thought I'd pass it along.
>
> http://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=gps&what=products
>
> Here is one unit which does have PPS but it's not obvious from the
> product page.  There are others as well.
>
> 12 Channel Copernicus II GPS Receiver - from Trimble -
> http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10922
>
> Here are the parts of a pretty cool article referenced on the SparkFun
> site regarding interfacing to these type of modules.  About 70 pages
> of info not counting the data logger article.
>
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS.shtml
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS1.pdf
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS2.pdf
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS3.pdf
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS4.pdf
> http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPSLogger.pdf
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ron

Chris Albertson sent me a note pointing out that these GPS modules are
just little "bricks" so to speak, and need a circuit board to work with
them.  After doing some more searching on SparkFun, I found these links
to some interface boards.  There may be others as well.

http://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=gps+board&what=products
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8334
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10710

Sincerely,