[ntp:questions] ntpd losing sync

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Thu Feb 9 13:20:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 06:29, David J Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> As the mail gateway is the secondary source, why not subscribe directly to
> the USENET newsgroup:

That's a matter of perspective.  I consider them equals, with some
interacting only via the lists (like myself, for the last few years,
though I used usenet via Google Groups in the past) and others only
via the group (such as yourself).

If I had been aware of the recent gateway trouble, I would have poked
my head up usenet some to stay better connected to both halves.

Cheers,
Dave Hart.