[ntp:questions] Update NTP on FreeBSD 8.2

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Feb 9 20:45:30 UTC 2012

"Kenyon Ralph" <kenyon at kenyonralph.com> wrote in message
news:20120209191925.GH18416 at kenyonralph.com...
[]
"The easiest way to run the latest ntp-dev is to use the Port one:
http://www.freshports.org/net/ntp-devel/

Install that using portmaster, or whatever port management tool you
prefer."

Thanks for that suggestion, Kenyon.  I got as far as installing
portmaster, but I can't see from the documentation or that Web site how I
am supposed to put that URL into portmaster!  I did try a "portmaster ntp"
which seems to be building at least a slightly later version on 4.2.6.
I'm not stupid, although it may appear so, just way out of my depth here!

Cheers,
David