[ntp:questions] Update NTP on FreeBSD 8.2

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Feb 10 06:30:54 UTC 2012

> On 2012-02-09, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I did try a "portmaster ntp" which seems to be building at least a
>> slightly later version on 4.2.6.
>
> Try 'portmaster ntp-devel'
>
> --
> Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>

Thanks to Kenyon and yourself for that suggestion, Steve.  It worked
perfectly.

I must say that I was rather surprised to see Perl being recompiled just
for the earlier NTP update, though.  Everything which would take a few
seconds on Windows with Dave Hart's ready-built .EXEs appears to take
15-60 minutes on FreeBSD because of all the recompilations which are
involved....

Cheers,
David