[ntp:questions] FAQ additions....

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Sat Feb 11 15:20:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:07, David J Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> The FAQ page:
>  http://www.ntp.org/ntpfaq/NTP-s-trbl-spec.htm#S-TRBL-SPEC-WINNT
>
> Not sure who maintains that page,

It hasn't been maintained by anyone for years and has plenty of
outdated information.  I never refer people to it, and given its
current state, I'd like to see it simply removed.

> but it might be helpful to potential users
> to add links to the Meinberg port distribution:
>
>  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
>
> and perhaps my own setup page:
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html
>
> (I would have tried to edit, but I could not see how!)

It's not a wiki.  http://support.ntp.org has several wikis and might
be a more appropriate place to maintain a FAQ.  Such a wiki might even
grow a link to my Windows NTP binaries :)

Cheers,
Dave Hart