[ntp:questions] FAQ additions....

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Feb 11 15:45:01 UTC 2012

"Dave Hart" <hart at ntp.org> wrote in message
news:CAMbSiYCrq6oouBFzMkJR3cYJyzZwKC7b_keCGTJdStNCtjdfBg at mail.gmail.com...
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:07, David J Taylor
> <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>> The FAQ page:
>>  http://www.ntp.org/ntpfaq/NTP-s-trbl-spec.htm#S-TRBL-SPEC-WINNT
>>
>> Not sure who maintains that page,
>
> It hasn't been maintained by anyone for years and has plenty of
> outdated information.  I never refer people to it, and given its
> current state, I'd like to see it simply removed.
>
>> but it might be helpful to potential users
>> to add links to the Meinberg port distribution:
>>
>>  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
>>
>> and perhaps my own setup page:
>>
>>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html
>>
>> (I would have tried to edit, but I could not see how!)
>
> It's not a wiki.  http://support.ntp.org has several wikis and might
> be a more appropriate place to maintain a FAQ.  Such a wiki might even
> grow a link to my Windows NTP binaries :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Thanks, Dave.  I was trying to be polite about the page, but agree it
should be removed.

I know about the Wikis, as I have edit access, but I didn't find them
quickly via Google!  Not sure where the information I want to add should
go (that the Windows port doesn't support choice of PPS polarity,
information which I have already added to my Web pages).

Your links should go here, I think:

  https://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks#Windows_Binaries

and they would be a most welcome addition.  Actually, I see the Meinberg
link is already there, so I might try adding a link to my install guide.

Cheers,
David