[ntp:questions] Second attempt at GPS-18 based NTP server

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Feb 12 14:44:00 UTC 2012

> Your 2107 status looks good to me.  I also see calibration errors -
> about 25 in ten hours since a cold start.

Just a follow-up.  Two days later I still have the same number of
calibration errors -  25, so it would not surprise me of most of these
happened at or soon after the initial startup of NTP (which may also have
been a warm reboot).

C:\>ntpq -c kern pixie
associd=0 status=041d leap_none, sync_uhf_radio, 1 event, kern,
pll offset:            0.001968
pll frequency:         27.9289
maximum error:         0.0075
estimated error:       2e-06
kernel status:         pll ppsfreq ppstime ppssignal nano
pll time constant:     4
precision:             1e-06
frequency tolerance:   495.911
pps frequency:         27.9289
pps stability:         0.00805664
pps jitter:            0.004
calibration interval   256
calibration cycles:    811
jitter exceeded:       78
stability exceeded:    0
calibration errors:    25

Providing the number doesn't increase rapidly, I see no need to worry
about it.  I expect there might be a few more per day at most.

Cheers,
David