[ntp:questions] Purpose of a leap second file?

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:02:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 20:43, A C <agcarver+ntp at acarver.net> wrote:
> PS  time.nist.gov/pub has a leapsecond file now.  I just downloaded it.

Thanks for the correction.  The machine I was testing suffered
disconnection on every attempt after the banner identifying the FTP
software.  Turns out it's due to the specific NAT implementation.
Testing from a machine with a public IP address as well as from behind
a different NAT implementation revealed the problem.

The afflicted machine had no problem FTPing with tycho, for some
reason.  The difference may be related to the load balancer used for
time.nist.gov.

I've updated http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/ConfiguringNTP#Section_6.14
to reflect this.

Cheers,