[ntp:questions] FreeBSD and Sure Electronics

Alby VA albyva at empire.org
Mon Feb 20 19:58:16 UTC 2012

Dave:

 It looks like my Version of NTP doesn't have -dd as an option.
I have v4.2.4p8

NOTES:
------------
ntpd - NTP daemon program - Ver. 4.2.4p8
  Flg Arg Option-Name    Description
   -4 no  ipv4           Force IPv4 DNS name resolution
   -6 no  ipv6           Force IPv6 DNS name resolution
   -a no  authreq        Require crypto authentication
   -A no  authnoreq      Do not require crypto authentication
   -b no  bcastsync      Allow us to sync to broadcast servers
   -c Str configfile     configuration file name
   -f Str driftfile      frequency drift file name
   -g no  panicgate      Allow the first adjustment to be Big
   -i Str jaildir        Jail directory
   -I Str interface      Listen on interface
   -k Str keyfile        path to symmetric keys
   -l Str logfile        path to the log file
   -L no  novirtualips   Do not listen to virtual IPs
   -n no  nofork         Do not fork
   -N no  nice           Run at high priority
   -p Str pidfile        path to the PID file
   -P Num priority       Process priority
   -q no  quit           Set the time and quit
   -r Str propagationdelay Broadcast/propagation delay
   -U Num updateinterval interval in seconds between scans for new or
dropped interfaces
   -s Str statsdir       Statistics file location
   -t Str trustedkey     Trusted key number
   -u Str user           Run as userid (or userid:groupid)
   -v Str var            make ARG an ntp variable (RW)
   -V Str dvar           make ARG an ntp variable (RW|DEF)
   -x no  slew           Slew up to 600 seconds
   -v opt version        Output version information and exit
   -? no  help           Display usage information and exit
   -! no  more-help      Extended usage information passed thru pager