[ntp:questions] FreeBSD and Sure Electronics

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:44:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 19:58, Alby VA <albyva at empire.org> wrote:

> Dave:
>
>  It looks like my Version of NTP doesn't have -dd as an option.
> I have v4.2.4p8

That indicates the compile-time knob to include or exclude such
tracing code was thrown with "configure --disable-debugging".  Your
packaging mechanism may offer a way to switch to a debug-enabled
package, or you can always build from source or try another way of
tracking down the problem.

I consider 4.2.4p8 relatively ancient, but that branch was maintained
as recently as late 2009:

https://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/ReleaseTimeline

We're now maintaining 4.2.6 and working to get a newer stable release
incorporating 4.2.7 ongoing development.  There will be no more 4.2.4
releases, most likely.  You might find simply bumping to the
currently-maintained stable release 4.2.6p5 solves your problem  If
not, your problem reports will be more helpful with 4.2.6, as we know
a lot of problems have been addressed since 4.2.4 branched from
ntp-dev 4.2.5 at the end of 2006.

Cheers,
Dave Hart