[ntp:questions] ntp version 4.2.7p257-o

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Tue Feb 21 09:23:12 UTC 2012

Oh no I have a tom tom for the Car ;)

I have everything I need in place, a couple of spare 27db bullet antennii already up on the eaves, outside, I can knock up PSU's or TTL convertors as needed.

Cables already run, I can crimp bnc, sma, tnc on the lab end as needed.

Must have, is a GPS RX that doesn't wander halfway across town, has a regular PPS without jitter and outputs PPS and sentence the type 30 refclock can use!
Basically an accurate receiver vs. $$$. I can't do more than 100 bucks I guess.

That's about it, I can't afford to buy everything available ):

It's a shame I can't use the HP GPS I have now.
The jitter sits on 0.02 all day long but refuses to work under windows ntpd, wonderful under FreeBSD but no PPS workee under windows.

Dave and I have been over, under and around everything to no avail. We thought to try another receiver.

I just had a thought, try it on another windows boxen! Amazing how come I didn't think of that before!

I have the same chassis and system board the freebsd is running on, I'll load windows on and see if that maketh any difference.

Many thanks,
Mark