[ntp:questions] clockvar output from PPS

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Feb 21 15:35:49 UTC 2012

"Alby VA" <albyva at empire.org> wrote in message
news:05874738-7984-4ff4-98d0-be8c6ad369e3 at eb6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
[]
> With your Sure GPS showing "PPS Clock Discipline", what does your
> ntp.conf file look like? I ask, because if I list == server
> 127.127.22.0 ==
> I don't get anything (even though I did the soldering per
> http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

If you are the person who recently posted a photo of the board
modifications you made, it appeared that the lead which is supposed to go
through the board, through the hole for the connector marked "J2", was in
fact soldered to that through-plated hole, which would short it to ground,
and give no DCD and hence no PPS output.

If you aren't that person, or if the soldering has been redone, things
should be OK.  You can check for the DCD line being correctly wired by
looking for flashes with my Serial port LEDs program (you will need to
stop NTP to run this).

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#SerialPortLEDs

Look for a brief flash on the DCD LED every second.

Cheers,
David