[ntp:questions] ntpd -g option

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Thu Feb 23 01:54:18 UTC 2012

My understanding is that version requires the local clock to be within
+/- 68 years of the correct time before ntpd starts, top be able to to
step once at startup beyond the panic threshold using a network
source.

If you're using a refclock, my guess would be the reference clock
driver or common ntpd reference clock code may be imposing a tighter
requirement.  This sounds like fodder for a http://bugs.ntp.org/
report.

Cheers,
Dave Hart