[ntp:questions] Creating a multi-minute offset

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Thu Feb 23 06:01:36 UTC 2012

Ok, so here's an odd question but I had an amusing thought so I want to
know:

Is it possible to force a client to synchronize with network servers but
also maintain a time offset of several minutes from those servers?

This would be a client only.  I was thinking that it would require a
time1 fudge on each server but I wasn't sure if it would handle a fudge
of several hundred seconds without aborting (I'm thinking offsets of
10-15 minutes into the future).

I will likely try it once I get another test system up but I wanted to
ask first.