[ntp:questions] ntpd -g option

Echols Jr, Thomas tommy.echols at cubic.com
Thu Feb 23 16:53:32 UTC 2012

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.time.ntp/browse_frm/thread/f0c4aa2b3adce26a/81e170c1ca0c8a0d?hl=en&pli=1

https://bugs.ntp.org/417

I had the same understanding as well, but evidently that was not correct.  It appears that this bug has already been reported, talked about on message boards, and allegedly addressed.  I am going to see what using the patches does even though they are not official.

I have also verified what was said in the google groups, that the -g option works if the time is within 4 hours, but outside it does not.