[ntp:questions] how do you like the Trimble Resolution T

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Wed Feb 29 05:45:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Is anyone using the Trimble Resolution T GPS for timing?  I was looking
at an ad for one on ebay.  For my purposes, any accuracy under 1 ms is
great.  I don't have to have 15 ns.  Of course, smaller numbers are
always better.  Is this device hard to setup and program for PPS and use
with NTPD?  What accessories are needed?

This is what the ad says is included:

quote on ->

The Resolution T Starter Kit provides everything you need to start
integrating the module into your application. The kit includes an
active, external 5-VDC Bullet-style antenna
<http://www.ioffer.com/info/redirect_notice?url=http%3A//item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail.jhtml%3Fitem_id%3D9a519ec253fb6de5012d1e206938da00%26x_id%3D0db1%23>,
50 feet of RG-59 cable, and an AC/DC power adapter. The starter kit
enclosure includes a mother board that provides serial output, and a
serial interface cable. A reference manual and monitor programs are
provided on CD-ROM.

<- quote off

I notice the unit only tracks 12 satellites and has 141 dbm sensitivity,
which seems to be less than some units.  Is that a problem?

Finally, what is sawtooth correction?

Sincerely,

Ron