[ntp:questions] Running ntpd with PPS precision signal only

alex n alexvm22 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:20:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have embedded system based on ARM and FPGA. GPS receiver is connected to
ARM (NMEA) and FPGA (PPS). There is a TXCO on board also which is using by
FPGA as clock. PPS passes to ARM through **FPGA so I can generate my own
PPS' based on original PPS with high accuracy and sinchronized with UTC.
After start PPS' is adjusted and ntpd uses NMEA and PPS' as source clock.
So how should I configure ntpd for running with PPS precision signal only
(for case if GPS is loss)?

Thanks,
Alex