[ntp:questions] how do you like the Trimble Resolution T

Bruce Lilly bruce.lilly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:29:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:16:23 +0000, Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:

> Other than the Sure board which has been mentioned, are there any other
> modern, hi sensitivity, timing GPS's which cost less than $ 100.  Many
> of the ones mentioned seem to be older technology like this Trimble.

I use a Garmin 17x HVS NMEA 0183 which I bought new about a year ago for
just under $100.  Current price at the same vendor appears to be a bit
over $100:
http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oem-17x-hvs-nmea-0183.html

The unit is specifically designed for outdoor use and comes with several
mounting options.  Garmin's web page is at:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=158&pID=13191

N.B. don't confuse this with the NMEA 2000 version!