[ntp:questions] debugging cronic offset on Windows 2003 client

Lylex Ryan lylexryan at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 18:21:36 UTC 2012

Just deployed the 4.2.4p8 NTP client to 50 Windows 2003 SP2 servers, and all seem to be running fine...except...

One or two of the clients develop an offset of about 16 seconds.  Restarting the service puts them back in sync with the NTP server, but in a few minutes they're back to the old offset.

What option can I add to the conf file to specify a log file?  I don't seem to be able to modify the startup string in the service's properties.  I tried adding "logfile <filename>" to the conf file, which didn't seem to work.

How can I raise the debug level?

Thanks...Lyle