[ntp:questions] NTP vs RADclock?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sun Jun 3 18:32:42 UTC 2012

skillzero at gmail.com wrote:
> Has there been any independent comparison of NTP vs RADclock [1]?
> Information on the RADclock site seem to indicate it performs pretty
> well, but I haven't seen any analysis except from the RADclock
> authors.

This is the first I've heard of it, so I assume that it has never
appeared on this newsgroup, and its authors are not active here.

What really annoys me, though, is that it fails to describe the essence
of the algorithm on the first page. That's par for the course for
commercial software, but this says that it is open source.  Can you
point me to where this information is provided (I think ntpd has a
similar problem, though).