[ntp:questions] NTP server near Houston?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jun 4 20:56:33 UTC 2012

On Jun 4, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:
> E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists <Null at BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid> wrote:
>> E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Anitech-Systems.com>
>> will be added to the BlackLists.
> [ ... ]
> I don't understand the statement in your email address regarding blacklists.  Since it is necessary to hit "reply all" in order to post to this message list, it is expected that said replies will be going to all the addresses in the message header.  Why would anything be added to a black list?

Whoever it is from Anitech Systems is posting messages with a deliberately
invalid address and then adding anyone who replies to that to some RBL.
Using an invalid From address is a violation of netiquette, but the folks
who have complained vigorously to me about using (or not using) 80-column
line lengths don't seem to care about this aspect.

I suppose the nice thing about holding a double standard is that one isn't
even pretending to be consistent...

Regards,
--
-Chuck