[ntp:questions] NTP server near Houston?

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at techstarship.com
Tue Jun 5 00:00:20 UTC 2012

David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:

>Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:
>>
>> I don't understand the statement in your email address regarding
>blacklists.  Since it is necessary to hit "reply all" in order to post
>to this message list, it is expected that said replies will be going to
>all the addresses in the message header.  Why would anything be added
>to a black list?
>>

>For many people, this is not a mailing list, but the news group
>news:comp.protocols.time.ntp.  There is some argument about which came
>first, but they are gatewayed together.  The article you are referring
>to was posted via usenet (actually using groups.google).
>
>Also, traditionally, it was bad etiquette to reply all to a mailing
>list
>  without deleting the direct reply address.  Unfortunately, that, and
>the taboo on cross posting, seem to have been lost.

Hi David,

I access the list through email, and I don't know how the news server or the gateway operates exactly.  Most mailing lists I'm on will send the reply to the list if I just hit reply.  This one, however, sends the reply to the original poster.  So, the only way I can send to the list is to hit reply all.  I'm glad to delete the original poster's name if that's what I'm supposed to, but I thought it was being put there intentionally.  I don't like the idea of my email address getting blacklisted if I forget to delete the original name however.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy mailing lists and such.
I don't always see new email messages very quickly.  If you need a reply and
haven't heard from me in 1 - 2 weeks, send your message again.)

Ron Frazier
timekeepingdude AT techstarship.com