[ntp:questions] Have Pi, have GPS = low powered NTP server?

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at oracle.com
Fri Jun 8 00:17:29 UTC 2012

On 6/7/2012 7:35 PM, Dave Hart wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Brian Utterback
> <brian.utterback at oracle.com>  wrote:
>> (Some day it would be nice if "mrv&0&9" worked the way you expected, but
>> would you believe "rv 0" and "rv anything-else" call entirely different
>> functions? )
> "rv 0" means system variables.
>
> "rv&0" is not defined -- ampersand shorthand for association IDs start with&1.
>
> FYI, older versions of ntpq require lpeers, lassoc, or similar before
> &  references work.  Newer ones (including 4.2.6 I believe) always
> support&  references and will silently first issue lassoc to learn the
> association IDs if needed.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Quite. I meant "rv 0". My point is that I would really like "mrv &0 &99"
to pretty much do "rv 0" followed in turn by each of the "rv associd"
choices. I guess you are just pointing out that they are kind of different?

And correct, you need to do the assoc or the like before in older
versions, but as you can see in this example, there is a "lpe"

Brian