[ntp:questions] Effect of Gigabit Interrupt coalescence on ntp timing

David Malone dwmalone at walton.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 14 11:57:52 UTC 2012

Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> writes:

I was thinking of sometime similar for the improved timestamping.

>They will hardware timestamp both transmit and receive for all timing
>packets, enabling sub-us level transit time measurements.

FWIW, I think the Intel NICs in question support some 1588 features,
but I don't think you can get a timestamp for every packet. Or, when
I looked at the code/docs, I couldn't figure out how to do it. If
someone knows otherwise, I'd like to be corrected ;-)

	David.